I’m not about to be one of those ‘new year new me people’. Like that’s not what this post is (just before you go to click off it). Looking back on my 2018 it was a hectic year and I didn’t really do much other than work, whilst everyone else enjoyed themselves and whilst this is great for the bank and the boss, I do wish I got out a little more (only a little because you know, massive introvert). So I thought I’d share my 2019 goals with you here and we can all just lol over the fact that I’m probably going to forget about 90% of these goals.
|Livin’ my best life – can it be summer yet?. TAKEN FROM MY INSTAGRAM|
1. I am going to stick to my flipping newsletter this year!, I’m currently designing a template for it as well so it’ll be fresh each month, I was struggling to find content but I think I’ve cracked it now. They’ll be sent out monthly, I’m hoping on the 30th of each month so starting with the end of January, I’m not going to give too much away with it so you’ll have to sign up to get a sneak peek of it. You can sign up for that here.
2. I really want to get more practice in, in terms of make-up, I do feel like I’m slowly improving but I’d love to be able to boss a cut crease by the end of this year without looking like I’ve headbutted a palette.
3. I’ll try my hardest to publish at least one post a week. This was definitely something work got in the way off, I went over a month without publishing at one point. Working nearly every day and then playing ‘catch up’ with everything else on days off just left me with no time. This year I’ll be making sure I have more time to do the things I enjoy.
4. I’m ever so slightly, maybe thinking of doing some exercise (did any of you collapse then, or?). I haven’t done any for about 4 years and it’s bad when you start to miss doing it but don’t get your hopes up. I was thinking of joining a local running club and I’m dragging one of my friends along with me.
5. Following on from that I’m going to try and just eat etc a little better (I know, first exercise and now this, my organs are in meltdown right now). I’ve pretty much messed up my eating schedule like a lot from working constantly, sometimes it’s too busy for a break so you don’t end up eating until like 5 and when you do it it’s just whatever you can grab because you’re so starving. Now obviously, I’m not going to be able to change the hecticness of my workplace but I can make better choices and instead of grabbing a share bag of Doritos and a dip I’m thinking I can take some light meals to work like pastas and salads. I also got a slow cooker for Christmas so I’m really excited to start using that (next level adulting) and having it on whilst I’m at work ready for dinner when I’m home.
6. SELF CARE. Again with not having much time I wasn’t really giving myself ‘time out’. This year I want to be able to just chill a little more. My plan generally is to give myself at least 2 full days off a week and I want to be able to just take at least one of those completely to myself. I got some really nice bath sets for Christmas and I also picked up a couple of bits from Lush just before Christmas so I’m hoping to make my way through those bits.
|So thankful to live in such a pretty place. Again, from my Insta|
7. Again, SELF CARE but this one in a slightly different way. I feel like in the last couple of years I’ve been able to finally put myself first more but I’m still getting there with it. Basically, I’m really sticking to my guns on the work front this upcoming year, I’m going to learn to say No a little more. If I don’t want to work I won’t but most importantly I don’t want to feel guilty about saying no which I do feel like I’ve worked a lot on in the last couple of months so I just want to keep that up. I also feel like I’m generally starting to appreciate myself more which I’m honestly so happy about because honestly, I’m a massive people pleaser and I always want to keep everyone happy. I’m not being like a bellend about it but I’m just like so what if someone doesn’t like me (for example) don’t caré and I’m so proud of myself for that.
8. I want to get out more. I really want to be able to just book some time of work (even if it’s just for a day trip) and travel to some new places through the summer, I really want to make the most of living 5 minutes away from a beach as well. I’m going to try and organise my planner with the following;
- 1 day out with friends,
- 1 night out (hahaha who am I kidding, we’ll do this one every couple months),
- 1 day to myself,
- 1 day where just I can just go out with me and Jamie where we can go on day trips etc,
- 1 brunch with friends.
I found this idea on Pinterest and I really think everyone should try and Include them in their diaries.
9. In terms of my blog I’d love to work with some more brands in the upcoming year, I’ve dipped my toes into doing this over the last year and I enjoy it so, so much. Whenever a brand emails me I literally act like a 6-year-old on Christmas day, I’ve put so much work into this blog so being able to collaborate with brands and watching it blossom into something generally makes me so proud, You can find out how to work with me here.